Sight, taste, sound, smell and touch are the 5 senses that connect us to the world. When you read about them the written world comes alive, and engagement increases.
But can you use senses in social media?
Here are five short post examples to whet your appetite:
1. The electric blue of our new logo was chosen to illustrate our speedy delivery.
2. You can taste success, champagne and lobster, if you choose our early bird special.
3. The silence in our service office is not just because of the few calls we get, it's also because our dedicated staff are focusing on helping clients.
4. The smell of coffee in our new staff canteen is wonderful!
5. When you touch our new shoes you will understand the pleasure our high quality leather brings.
I know you won't be able to use each of your senses every day, or anything like that, but thinking about incorporating sensory information in your posts, either small or as a jump off point for a larger post, will expand the range of things you talk about and increase engagement with readers by connecting you with their senses.
Think senses when you are looking around for something else to post about.