Romance, how the hell am I going to involve romance in a technique for social media?
Can you guess?
Romance can be used in a social media context. Romance is often either the main plot or a subplot in most popular movies, TV shows and books. Isn't it time social media postings included a little romance too?
We can use a little romance, a little bit of emotional openness, to engage blog readers and post readers. Here's a few examples:
1. Offer a 2 for 1 price on dinners at your restaurant, on the day you met your wife.
2. Similarly, you can offer romantic weekends, 2 for 1 gym memberships, his and hers perfume deals/jewelry deals or chocolates with books and flowers or whatever fits in with what you are involved in, on a special day for you, or a member of staff or whenever suits you.
3. Respect the power of love with links to romantic poetry, books or movies, at special times for you or others.
4. Celebrate family and/or couples with images pages on Pinterest or Flickr for anniversaries, special occasions etc. You can make these open only to people you know, if you are worried about privacy.
5. If you are a big stuffy corporate you can post images from any family day or barbecue event or wedding event you are involved with. Start by posting these on an internal private blog or Twitter account, as part of your internal social media program, and occasionally you might let the public see what is going on, if participants agree to the images going out.
Use a little of the magic of romance to spice up your posts occasionally and watch people come back for more.